Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sunday Scoop 12-28-14

First off its been a while since I last blogged.  It feels good to be back!

Second, my blog has been given a major face lift thanks to L. Paull Designs for All.  I love it! It is bright and colorful.  It is more me, but more on that later.

I am here today to link up with Teaching Trio for their Sunday Scoop linky party. 



 

I still have a week of winter break left!   Thank goodness, but I have spent the first week being a lazy bum.  Lots of pajama days and Netflix binges.  I am currently watching Sons of Anarchy.  Still, its time to get motivated.   I still need to finish grading writing and final assessments then enter those in the grade book.  My lesson plans I turned in before break were not up to par, so I need to update those.  I also need to finish reading the first book of Flat  Stanley.  My second graders are going to start reading it in January.  It should be fun! 

I do want to spend part of this week starting on a fun read such as Gone Girl or The Night Circus. Plus those after Christmas sales are still calling my name.  I might go out shopping sometime this week.


Another reason, I need to be motivated this week is because next weekend I am headed to the great state of Alabama.  I am going to catch up with my college roommate and best friend Amanda.  This sweet friend got engaged in October.  I cannot wait to see her and the ring in person.

Guess I better go start on that grading.  Happy Sunday! 



4 comments:

  1. I really love your new blog design! I really like the colors you chose! :) I am second grade teacher at heart as well being that I taught second for 10 years and now am job sharing in 4th grade. There is something magical about a second grader! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something magical about second grade, so curious about the world but still independent and in need of a guiding hand.

      Delete
  2. I hope to shop too!!!! It is a "hope to" on my blog as well! I can't wait :) Enjoy the rest of your break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you get to shop! Thanks! Enjoy the rest of your break as well!

      Delete